Beef satay sticks with cool salad
Turn a healthy salad into a filling main meal by serving it with flavoursome marinated steaks and grilled naan bread.
- About 450g (15oz) rump or sirloin steak (3x150g/5oz steaks), trimmed of fat and sinew
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or dried chillies
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Pinch of salt
- To serve:
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3-4 Little Gem lettuces, chilled and cut into quarters
- 6 spring onions, trimmed
- 1 lime, cut into thin wedges
- About 150ml (1/4 pint) ready-made satay dipping sauce
- 4 naan breads
- 12 bamboo skewers
You may also like
Spaghetti carbonara comes straight from Lazio, the region around Rome where the dish was first invented. As one of the most famous Italian dishes, sp...
BBQ vegetables with red pesto dressing and couscous
Our BBQ vegetables take around eight minutes to cook on each side but can be eaten hot or cold.You can serve these BBQ vegetables on skewers with cous...
Slimming World?s beef lasagne
Slimming World’s beef lasagne uses a lean 5% fat or less beef mince, which is cooked in a rich tomato sauce.To make this beef lasagne comforting, Sl...