Mediterranean-style fish stew
Half stew and half soup, this dish is a popular light meal in coastal regions of France, served simply with crusty French bread to mop up the sauce.
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- Bay leaf
- Thyme, rosemary and oregano 1 sprig of each
- Fish stock 350ml (12fl oz)
- Dry white wine 150ml (1/4pt)
- Firm white fish fillets, e.g. cod, halibut or monkfish 450g (1lb)
- Fresh prepared mussels 450g (1lb)
- Chopped tomatoes 400g can
- Peeled prawns 225g (8oz), thawed if frozen
- Chopped parsley 2tbsp
You may also like
Spaghetti carbonara comes straight from Lazio, the region around Rome where the dish was first invented. As one of the most famous Italian dishes, sp...
BBQ vegetables with red pesto dressing and couscous
Our BBQ vegetables take around eight minutes to cook on each side but can be eaten hot or cold.You can serve these BBQ vegetables on skewers with cous...
Slimming World?s beef lasagne
Slimming World’s beef lasagne uses a lean 5% fat or less beef mince, which is cooked in a rich tomato sauce.To make this beef lasagne comforting, Sl...