Steak pitta with tomato and bean salad
Steak is a great source of iron, which is good for the brain! Why not try this tasty steak pitta to boost your brain power at lunch?
- 250-300g rump steak1/2tsp sea salt
- 1/4tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1tsp olive oil
- For the salad:
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small white onion
- 50g rocket
- 25g pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 x 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1/2tsp lemon zest
- 1/2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads
You may also like
This is a really simple salad that can be served as a side or works equally as well as a light meal. Avocados are great for the skin and the ginger an...
Peppery watercress is a healthy addition to any dish – it’s packed with vitamins and minerals and counts as one of your 5-a-day. Paired with plent...
Rye bread is packed with flavour, healthy and low in fat. It’s delicious with all sorts of savoury and sweet toppings.Ingredients[if gte mso 9]>Norm...